Learning does not end when school lets out. Neither does the need for good nutrition.
Announcing 2021 Summer Breakfast and Lunch Program Available to all Students and Children in the Phoenix Central School District Community (This program is free to all children between the ages of 1 and 18). The program begins July 12th and runs through August 13th.
** NEW LOCATION - MAM PRIMARY CAFE ** Enter using the Student Drop Off Entrance, Elm St. side of the building.
- Children who are not going to class, go directly into the Primary Cafe.
- Mon. July 12 - Fri. Aug. 13
- Menus here
- 8:45 am - 9:15 am.
- Bagged breakfasts handed out to students & community children at the Student Drop Off dorrs (pic below).
- 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Children who are not attending classes at MAM, will pick up their meals to go at the Student Drop Off doors (pic below).
- They will also be sent home with bagged breakfast for the next day.
* due to pandemic waivers we are able to allow meals to go home this summer. *
Nutritious free meals are available for children and teens 18 and younger at many locations throughout the nation throughout the summer while school is out of session. Click this link to find a site near you.
Good nutrition is essential for learning in school. Continuing healthy eating habits is also important during the long hot summer months. Eating nutritious foods helps ensure students retain their hard learned knowledge… and to help them to keep right on learning throughout the summer. For many of these children, summer vacation can bring the temptation of eating empty calorie snacks and foods that are high in sugar, fats and sodium. And for many others, summer exposes students to an increased risk of hunger and developmental decline. Make seasonal fruits and vegetables a high priority for your snacks, meals and anytime.
Summertime is a time to play hard...but it is also a time to remember to eat right. Make sure good nutrition remains a priority all summer long, and students will return to school in the Fall healthy, sharp and ready to learn.